Grillscape Picks for the Best Built-In Gas Grills
Add some Sizzle to your Outdoor Kitchen
In California we’re in the middle of a hot West Coast Summer, and it’s the height of grilling season. From surf and turf to burgers and dogs, there’s nothing better than enjoying the outdoors and serving up something delicious. If your summer plans include upgrading or installing your outdoor kitchen, we’ve got a round-up just for you. The top 5 built-in gas grills of 2021 are all incredible choices, with impressive design details and high-end features that will make your next barbeque an event to remember.
Why a Gas Grill?
There are so many fuel source options out there you may have some doubts about whether to go gas grill or charcoal grill. There’s that undeniable smoky flavor and high heat that comes with charcoal grills, but gas grills are less fuss and easier to get precise temperatures. Ultimately it’s up to you! But here are our pros and cons:
- They are better for you and the environment. It’s scientifically proven! Why? Because gas-grilled meats contain fewer carcinogens compared to char-kissed charcoal-grilled meats. In addition, it’s been studied that gas grills’ carbon footprint is about one-third of charcoal grills’ carbon footprint.
- Quick start-up and precise temperature control. Whether your grill is a push-to-start or a press-in and turn knob, it takes less than a second to fire it up. No waiting for coals to heat up or worrying about airflow. A quick preheat later and you’re ready to go. You can also switch from that low, slow heat to a sizzling sear for kebabs and steak without moving around hot coals (save a few arm hairs!)
- Flexibility. You can grill watermelon and vegetables easily without worrying if it’s going to be overwhelmed by that charred smoke flavor. And if you’re missing that smokey flavor, you can always add on a smoker (or just look for a grill with that addon!) for the best of both worlds.
- Setup time. Most gas grills require more setup than the standard charcoal grill. This list of built-ins we recommend be set up by a professional contractor.
- Safety. Any form of cooking with heat will come with it’s own set of precautions, but gas grills require extra safety measures around gas. Your propane tank or natural gas needs to be attached securely without leaks, your grill needs to be at least 10 feet from your house or deck, and proper cleaning is key. (Check out this quick and easy Cleaning Guide from Popular Mechanics)
- Portability. There are some smaller versions of gas grills, but it would certainly be more difficult to lug a gas grill to a park or beach with you, and it definitely wouldn’t be safe.
Fire Magic Echelon Black Diamond I H790i 36” Built-In Gas Grill
Starting at $7361
The Grillscapes Take: There are so many features here you might wonder what (or how) to cook first, but you definitely won’t regret the sleek design and powerful grilling features.
If you’re looking for all the bells and whistles, this grill has you covered. It comes with a Magic View Window for showing off your masterpiece in progress, Push-to-light Hot Surface Electric Ignition system, an optional Infrared Burner (the best hack for quick grilling), a sear burner, and a digital chrome meat and grill thermometer in the control panel. Looking to please a crowd? A recessed high-efficiency rotisserie quantum backburner has you covered.
The Black Diamond also sports some slick design features, like heavy-duty diamond sear cooking grids, satin stainless steel back-lit knobs, and a black porcelain-coated finish with satin stainless steel accents. It easily elevates any outdoor kitchen design.
Best Multi-Fuel Grill AMG 54” Dual-Fuel | Propane Gas, Charcoal, or Wood Built-In Grill w/ 8 Burners
Starting at $9699
The Grillscapes Take: There’s really nothing cooler than this beast of a grill. Modeled after the 1969 Shelby GT 350 Mustang and able to burn five different fuels all at once or separately, you get all the flexibility and precision with this AMG beauty.
USA built, this giant AMC grill will get the job done while allowing you the flexibility of any fuel source you can throw at it. The one-of-a-kind cooking system is forged with eight 22,000 BTU stainless steel tubular burners that deliver 176,000 BTUs of pure flame. Reversible heavy-duty stainless steel V-Tech cooking grates will give you that perfect cook; the convex side is ideal for beef, pork, and other meats while the concave side is for more delicate items like fish and vegetables.
Missing some of the extra gadgets? Add on a commercial-grade rotisserie kit with a 100lb motor, or an infrared sear burner for some extra sizzle.
Best Innovative Grill
Starting at $3199
The Grillscapes Take: If you haven’t discovered ceramic grilling yet, Primo’s XL gas grill might persuade you to take the plunge. It’s all the ease of gas grilling with heat, moisture, and flavor retention.
Love the precision and ease of a gas grill but looking for something different? Primo’s ceramic Kamado grill comes in a hefty XL size built with premium-grade ceramics, and stainless steel cooking grates, burners, flavor grids, exterior and components. The low-temp burners are perfect for smoking meat as low as 220 degrees fahrenheit, and the high temp burners ramp up to 600 degrees Fahrenheit for searing and grilling. In case you’re having trouble visualizing how big this grill is, you can fit up to 20 burgers, 12 ears of corn, 12 steaks, or 2 whole turkeys inside!
Best Designer Grill
Starting at $5988
The Grillscapes Take: This grill already sets itself apart from the pack with Hestan’s incomparable quality, but it’s available in a variety of colors that satisfy any design style.
If you’re lacking a punch of color in your outdoor kitchen, you’ll want to jump at Hestan’s line of grills that come in a tropical orange, calming dark grey teal, and bright turquoise, just to name a few. Worried that it will stand out in a sea of stainless steel? You can snag everything from pantry doors to wine refrigerators from Hestan’s line in coordinating colors (or if you’re feeling wild, you can mix them up for a completely custom look).
Of course this model is also state-of-the-art, made in the USA with heavy-gauge welded-body construction, Zamak die cast knobs, and spring-assist Horizon hood hinges. It also comes with 25,000 BTU high-performance burners, concealed whisper quiet infrared rotisserie and motion-activated under-hood lighting. It’s no secret that Hestan is a leader in grilling - they’ve earned VESTA awards for Best Gas Grill and Best In Show.
Best Budget Grill
Starting at $1699
The Grillscapes Take: Lion makes a solid grill at a great price. This version is complete with a rotisserie and infrared back burner, so you’re ready to cook outdoors for small or large groups.
The Lion L75000 is your answer to a built-in gas grill at an affordable price. With 830 square inches of cooking space, you’ll have more than enough room for all your grilling needs, and at 170.1 lbs it’s the heaviest in its class! 5 Lion Quick Lite valves with commercial size push-to-turn knobs make simple work of firing it up, and the 4 cast stainless steel burners come with a Lifetime Warranty from Lion. Interior lights mean you have full visibility even after the sun goes down.
And this grill comes with the Gourmet Package - rotisserie, cover, smoker box, griddle, and griddle remover with bottle opener! The value in this grill can’t be beat.
What plans are you making for your outdoor kitchen? If you have questions, need design assistance, or need help deciding which model may be right for your needs, we’d love to talk grilling with you. Contact Grillscapes today and make the most of your summer!
Chat with Us: (800) 311-4356 Email: Sales@grillscapes.com
Your definitive source for high-end outdoor kitchen appliances and accessories, Grillscapes is here to guide you through the process of creating your dream outdoor cooking space. With a knowledgeable sales force and unmatched customer service, Grillscapes is an easy choice for your luxury outdoor appliance needs.